The Fire Services Commissioner requested Fire & Rescue NSW to conduct a review of a fire that occurred on 30 January, 2012 at the Yarra Valley Grammar School, located at Kalinda Road in Ringwood, Victoria.
The intent of review is to identify opportunities for improvement through the review of the response to an actual emergency incident.
This supports the Fire Services Commissioner’s fire services reform program, which is focused on improving the interoperability, resilience, capability and capacity of Victoria’s Fire Services and the services they provide to the community.
The Terms of Reference for this review were:
• Command and control arrangements put in place to manage the fire
• Warnings and advice strategy developed and implemented for the fire
• Interoperability between Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) and the Country Fire Authority (CFA)
• Incident management strategy
• Systems put in place to manage firefighter safety, and
• Performance and access to water supply
For further information and to read the full version of the report, please click here (PDF, 749 KB)